Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Greece, does an OTE Chronokarta work at a payphone


In Greece, does an OTE Chronokarta work at a payphone?
I am currently in Greece, and have been told that a Chronokarta is a good way to make fairly cheap international calls, but I am unsure if they can be used at payphones or if I would need a landline to use them. Any information, or other suggestions would be gratefully received!
Greece - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, you can use it with payphones! Check here: http://english.oteshop.gr/page_content.asp?wid=297&hop=p&scid=45&pr=1
2 :
OTE Chronokarta is good for calls, u can use it at a payphone or any phone at all. You will have to enter the number of the card with each call that you make. BUT for use at a payphone, I prefer the Telekarta (I think that's what it's called). You just put the card into the phone!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so easy! Put the card in the phone and dial the number you are calling. One thing I have to say about Greek pay phones..... I used to call USA all the time (from Greece) and always had a crystal clear connection.
3 :
SOME COMPUTER AND INTERNET SHOPS OFFER FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS.