Monday, November 14, 2011

Working in Greece


Working in Greece?
What is the minimum wage to work in Greece? How can you live there with such low wages and economic turmoil? How come in some jobs ther I have been to they don't even ask you for an interview before working for someone? I am greek too, I was born in the U.S., and I was there six months and looked for a job, I applied to a simple grocery store in Athens, and the hiring manager insulted me, saying" Why did you come here to work, why can't you go back where you came from?!" Do you know how bad I felt? I mean, its like your own country says there is no room for you here! I felt ashamed that I was greek that moment. Or maybe the hiring manager did not like be even though I am greek, but b/c I was American. Can you believe that? What is your opinion? Can anyone help me please? Anybody!!!!!!!!!
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe you. Since you were born in the USA your situation is not very clear regarding exactly what you are Obviously the manager assumed ( it seems with reason ) that you were a foreigner. I recommend you to clarify your origins and current situation, because you seem to be in the middle of both